Sunday, April 6, 2014

Composing a New Media Video

 Composing a New Media Video

Composing my new media video (in comparison to my past audio composition), turned out to be more difficult, yet a much more rewarding experience. Completing last week’s audio composition was almost too simple- possibly because I frequently use audacity to edit music for dance purposes. However, prior to this weekend, I have never been challenged with recording, organizing and editing video clips. Consequently, this was definitely a learning experience. I struggled making this video by myself of a few hours, before turning to a friend in the film department for an editing tutorial and advice concerning which software to use. Sometimes while composing media through unfamiliar processes, you need to be resourceful, and at times, ask for help. In this case, I used “Final Cut Express.” I set alarms throughout each day to remind myself to take videos. After looking at my first 6 seconds of video (from Monday), I realized how boring and un- original all my clips were. So, instead of just taking the usual videos of the cafeteria, my room, etc… I decided to take videos of the unusual/ obscure things that I experience throughout my week. With this being said, though it is unique, my final product seems relatively fanatical and non- sequential. It was especially hard to use only 30 of my 600 total seconds of footage. Finally, I am curious to see how the mood/ feeling of my new media composition would change with a completely different sound score, such as a song or poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment